Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Valencia - Barcelona preview: Luis Enrique eyes record as Neville stands on the brink

Luis Enrique's men ran out 7-0 winners in the first leg and are all but guaranteed safe passage to the final, with a victory likely to see off the former Manchester United star


Luis Enrique could make Barcelona history when the holders take on Valencia in the second leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final on Wednesday.

The weekend win at Levante extended Barca's unbeaten run to 28 matches in all competitions, equalling the record set by Pep Guardiola's side in the 2010-11 season, meaning the Catalans need simply to avoid defeat against Gary Neville's struggling outfit to see their coach reach another impressive milestone in his time in charge.

Speaking ahead of the match at Mestalla, Javier Mascherano praised both Luis Enrique and Guardiola for their unerring desire for success, but said the current boss has brought a battling quality to Barca which had been lacking in previous seasons.

"The main similarity between the team under Luis Enrique and under Guardiola is that they compete the same way," he told the media. "They have the same desire to win and that's important when you have a team of players that have won so much.

"Luis Enrique is one of the best managers I've ever had and he's done some great things in a year and a half at the club. He's created an unpredictable team, with a lot of options and which can play a lot of different ways.

"There's a thin line between winning and losing, but since he arrived, there has been a vast improvement in quality and fighting spirit."

The tie itself would appear to be over as a contest given Barca's emphatic 7-0 win in the first leg, which piled more pressure on under-fire boss Neville, and Valencia fared little better at the weekend as they lost 1-0 away to Real Betis.

Neville has remained defiant in the face of calls for him to step down, with Valencia having failed to win in nine league games since he took charge in December, and another humiliation on Wednesday could force the hand of owner Peter Lim.

Alvaro Negredo described the situation as "sad" for everyone concerned but has called for unity as his side aim to restore some pride against the European champions.

"The team are hurting; it is a very difficult situation for everyone. It's sad, but it's the reality," he said on Sunday. "The coach makes his choices and they have to be respected. He also wants us to get out of this situation.

"We have had good games that we haven't won, and others that have been disappointing – such as the one against Barcelona. At times the team have improved, and at other times we haven't. We must be united and get out of this slump."

Valencia could at least be spared the prospect of facing Lionel Messi - who scored a hat-trick in the first leg - as the Argentina star has faced medical checks over the kidney complaint which caused him to miss part of the Club World Cup in December and could be rested for the game.

Sergi Samper, Gerard Gumbau, Wilfrid Kaptoum, Juan Camara and Dani Romera all trained with the senior squad on Monday and could be included in the matchday party, with Rafinha (knee) the only certain absentee.

Valencia welcomed back Paco Alcacer and Enzo Perez to training on Monday, both of whom missed the first leg due to respective ankle and facial injuries, but Shkodran Mustafi is definitely out after his red card at Camp Nou.

The winner of the tie is likely to face Sevilla in the final, with Unai Emery's men holding a 4-0 first-leg lead over Celta Vigo ahead of their meeting on Thursday.


Monday, February 8, 2016

17 Images From The Awesome Hulk Vs. Ant-Man Marvel/Coke TV Spot

During Super Bowl 50, Marvel and Coca-Cola teamed up for a super hero showdown.

The new commercial showed a quick battle between Ant-Man and The Hulk after Scott Lang attempted breaking into Dr. Banner's lab and stealing a mini-can of Coke. In the end, they ended up being buddies as Ant-Man helped Hulk open up the can too small for his giant green fingers.

Super hero fights aren't uncommon in 2016. The next time we see Marvel heroes on the big screen, they'll be throwing down in Captain America: Civil War. While Ant-Man will be there (as seen in the Civil War Super Bowl spot), the Hulk will be sitting this one out and next appearing in Thor: Ragnarok in 2017.

Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Captain America: Civil War hits theaters May 6, 2016.

Read more at http://comicbook.com/2016/02/08/17-images-from-the-awesome-hulk-vs-ant-man-marvel-coke-tv-spot

This Creepy Ghost Town In New York Is The Stuff Nightmares Are Made Of

Right about now you’re probably drifting into a mild state of confusion over why a picture of some place lightly dusted with fresh powdered snow and the phrase “Ghost Town” have anything to do with each other. Well, it’s simple. Here to break the movie-made ghost town stereotype is the twice abandoned town of Tahawus, New York!


First things first, let me establish that while this whole shebang is about the ghost town of Tahawus, the actual village of Tahawus is no longer literally in Tahawus, New York. Say that whole thing back to me three times fast and I'll tip my hat to you. Confusing, huh? Let me explain!

To date, the town of Tahawus resides in the village of Newcomb, just a short drive from its original homebase in Tahawus, New York. While the village was first abandoned in 1857 after it failed to thrive as a mining town for iron ore, it was again abandoned for a second time in 1963.

Revived for a second time yet again as a mining town, it was after the company National Lead discovered a large deposit of ilmenite underneath Tahawus that the decision was made to literally move the village so a new pit could be opened. To fully wrap your head around what it meant to move the town of Tahawus, check out this incredible footage from the 1963 move!

You'll find that many of its previously standing mining facilities no longer exist and have almost all been completely demolished. While you may be lucky enough to stumble upon a leftover gear or random piece of mining equipment, one of the many incredible things that is still left intact is the McIntyre Blast Furnace! Standing at roughly 50-feet tall, this industrial powerhouse was a true piece of work. Once the furnace was fired up, it would take an entire acre of trees just to keep it up and running for one day! Explorers of Tahawus tend to love walking inside the furnace to truly soak up all of its history!

Source: http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/new-york/tahawus-ghost-town-ny/

Sunday, February 7, 2016

How Cristiano Ronaldo trying to control decline at Real Madrid?

It appears that Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo trying to control his decrease at Real Madrid. At one time, it was Ronaldo’s dribbling skills that set him separated as a genuinely extraordinary ability. In any case, it’s this part of his amusement that now best highlights how his qualities have changed throughout the years. As the turn of pace has turned out to be less amazing, the dribbling has turned out to be less successive. In his first season at Real Madrid, Ronaldo found the middle value of 3.3 dribbles for every hour and a half. In any case, that number dropped to 2.3 the accompanying season and by a year ago, it was down to 1.6 for every full diversion.


So far this season he midpoints just 1.2 dribbles for every hour and a half. That puts him well outside the main 100 dribblers in La Liga and he’s not in the main 100 in the Champions League this season, either.

Rather, Ronaldo has been compelled to discover courses around the issue and it’s captivating watching him endeavor to do it. Turning into the purest of finishers has made a difference. Previous Manchester United mentor Rene Meulensteen once blamed Ronaldo for attempting to score “the ideal goal” by going to the top corner without fail, yet it’s volume that engrosses him now. This season has been one of the goal excesses. Eight of them have come in two recreations against Espanyol.

There were four in a Champions League amusement against Malmo and a cap trap in the same rivalry against Shakhtar Donetsk. Sneaking the environs of the penalty region, he has scored 13 times in his last six appearances before his venerating Real Madrid swarm. Cristiano is very much aware of his circumstance as keeping up with Lionel Messi is likely to get more and more difficult for him and now Ronaldo trying to control his decay intense exhibitions on the pitch.

Obviously, with so a significant number of his goals coming in so few of his amusements, there is another side to this story. Ronaldo hasn’t scored in his away games since November. The best in the business is turning into a Bernabeu spook on that flattest of tracks. He knows all the easy routes there, all things considered. As an outcome, he’s possessed the capacity to cover his physical decrease through goals. Previous Real Madrid wellness mentor Valter Di Salvo once anticipated that Ronaldo “will play up to the age of 38 at the top”, however, what’s unmistakable is that the stopwatch has begun.

Source: http://www.ronaldocr7.com/how-cristiano-ronaldo-trying-to-control-decline-at-real-madrid/

Justin Bieber Reunites with Hailey Baldwin in San Francisco Ahead of the Super Bowl

Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin may be "just friends", but the model has "crew" approval either way.


The 19-year-old posed alongside Bieber and his friends in a new Instagram photo taken in San Francisco, Saturday, ahead of the Super Bowl. Dressed casually, Baldwin posed in ripped denim and a motorcycle jacket while Bieber wore khakis, sneakers and an oversized t-shirt.

"She loving the crew," the 21-year-old singer wrote.

Some of the group included photographer Jordan Taylor Wright, Vine stars Rudy Mancuso and Lele Pons, and singer Maejor.

Bieber also shared a photo with a few of the guys, and (of course) yet another shirtless shot.

Source: http://www.people.com/article/justin-bieber-hailey-baldwin-in-san-francisco

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Zayn Malik says album release date coinciding with 1D anniversary is a 'sign'

The 25th March will always be a dark day for the One Direction fandom, because it is the day that 5 became 4. The day that darkness became a little darker, light a little less light, and high notes a little less high.

Yes, it's the day Zayn Malik wore that to walk out of 1D, and we WERE planning to spend the first anniversary wearing a black veil and sobbing into fetus pics while listening to 'Moments' on repeat.

Then El Maliko went and announced the release date of his debut solo album: the 25th March 2016.

AKA The Dark Day That Now Can't Be So Dark Because Actually We're Really Excited To Hear All Of His New Music™​.

Ever since the revelation fans have speculated over Zayn's decision - with some claiming he's done it to help make the day a happy memory rather than a sad one, while others arguing it's a kick in the face of the One Direction legacy.

Well now the truth is out after Zayn addressed the issue in a recent radio interview - and it turns out it's all a big coincidence.

He told Zach Sang & The Gang, "It wasn't planned that way.​ It just seems to coincide with the iTunes launch and everything."

He added: "Maybe it's a sign".

So there you have it - the universe is trying to tell us all something. What, we're not quite sure. Either way, March 25th is gonna be emotional.

Source: http://www.sugarscape.com/music/news/a1086595/zayn-malik-album-release-date-one-direction-anniversary/

Bruno Mars confirms he's joining Coldplay, Beyonce and Lady Gaga as one of the performers of SB50 in Santa Clara

He officially confirmed what has been speculated since the performance announcement of Coldplay in December.


And on Friday, Bruno Mars took to Instagram to let his 5.2 million followers know that he will indeed take the stage at Super Bowl 50 on Sunday at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

The Just the Way You Are crooner was previously the show's headliner in 2014.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3435222/Bruno-Mars-confirms-s-joining-Coldplay-Beyonce-Lady-Gaga-one-performers-SB50.html#ixzz3zRAifoH8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook